Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Distribution

"Companies can design their distribution channels to make products and services available to customers in different ways. Each layer of marketing intermediaries that performs some work in bringing the product and its ownership closer to the final buyer is a channel level. Because the producer and the final consumer both perform some work, they are part of every channel." (Marketing, an Introduction, Ch. 10, Pg. 311) For distribution, I've decided to implement the "direct marketing channel" strategy because  I want my channel to be direct and be offered as soon as possible to my consumer. My idea is to work with a small business that is able to manufacture and package my product out to various locations. "Few producers sell their goods directly to the final users. Instead, most use intermediaries to bring their products to market. They try to forge a marketing channel (or distribution channel) — a set of interdependent organizations that help make a product or service available," (Marketing, an Introduction, Ch. 10, Pg. 311)

No comments:

Post a Comment